Friday, November 9, 2007

I Won't Have to go to Work!

I set up this blog in July with high hopes and apparently too high expectations for it. I wanted a place to write down my dreams but also wanted to make each entry special, perhaps adding a quote,or a lyric relevant to the dream... OOPS I forgot that I don't have much time to write my first blog much less more time for another. So I am going to try again, but with much lower expectations. I will have to settle for just a plain dream journal.
I took a nap while T was in preschool this morning and this is the dream I had:

I Won't Have to go to Work!
I I was walking around E's grade school, apparently there to pick her up. Accidentally I stepped on a sharp object and cut my foot. Not just a little cut, but when I looked down at it,it was a huge gaping bleeding wound. Luckily it didn't hurt in the dream, but was bleeding a lot. I inspected the wound and thought "that's going to need sutures, HEY, that means I won't have to go to work tonight, YAY! and maybe no work tomorrow!" I started to yell for help,as I couldn't stand on my wounded foot but no one would come. I saw teachers looking at me, but they wouldn't leave their classrooms to help. I yelled louder and started banging on the wall in hopes someone would see the direness of my situation. I was bleeding after all.
Next the dream changed, my foot was better and I was walking with T, 4years old in real life and around 15 in this dream, and E, 9years both in life and this dream. We were on our way to an indoor amusement park/Chucky Cheese pizza joint. We walked up some stairs to get to the entrance. I paid my money then realized I paid $10 too little and I couldn't find any more money, the kids were getting ahead of me in a crowd and I was starting to panic. So I dumped my huge purse onto the floor and searched it's contents for more money. I found some,paid the man and started to look for my children. Then the alarm went off.
Damn I do have to go to work tonight and tomorrow!
I think I dreamed the first part because at work last night we were polling one another as to whether we have ever stepped on a rusty nail. I know, strange.
The second part I have no clue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's alot of stuff!

I rarely ever remember my dreams. Sometimes I can remember bits and pieces for 5 minutes or so after I wake up, but beyond that...nothing.